The Electrical Show
Join Thomas Nagy as he takes a look at all the latest topics from the world of electricals including product launches, top tips, and special guests.Thomas will also be joined by some of the biggest names from across the industry giving their view on the latest news and developments.The Electrical Show on Fix Radio is brought to you in partnership with Schneider Electric.
- Subscribe to this podcast
31. What Are Some Of The Positives Of Being A YouTuber & How Much Effort Is It?
Friday, January 22nd, 2021
Thomas Nagy follows up with more about social media after a huge response from the listeners last week. Thomas touches on some of the positives of social media and YouTube this time around. He also explains how much work goes into it, The process...
30. How Worthwhile Is Building Your Social Media Profile?
Friday, January 15th, 2021
Thomas Nagy gives you a social media 101 crash course in what to do, how to do it right and what to avoid when it comes to managing your social media related to your business online. Also, how to grow and build on platforms like YouTube and Instagram.
29. One Of The Biggest Challenges For Electrical Engineers Nowadays?
Friday, January 8th, 2021
Thomas Nagy is back to discuss EICR faux pas, how much harder it's become to complete EICR Tests now so many more people are working at home and some of the run ins with tenants.
28. Have You Come Across This Issue?
Friday, December 11th, 2020
Thomas keeps getting called out to different jobs with a similar root cause. He has his opinion on it and would love to hear yours too.
27. Is It Worth Working In The Domestic Sector Anymore?
Friday, November 27th, 2020
Thomas Nagy on whether he thinks it's still worth working in the domestic sector or not and how to price jobs accordingly if you do.
26. Paul Meenan - E5 Group - Wages In The Electrical Sector
Friday, November 20th, 2020
Paul Meenan from the E5 Group joins Thomas Nagy to discuss wages in the electrical sector.
25. What's The Best route To Take As An Apprentice?
Friday, November 13th, 2020
Thomas answers your questions on how to kick on as an apprentice, how to pack your toolkit smarter for each job and a little bit on how to price jobs accordingly.
24. Ian from LINIAN
Friday, November 6th, 2020
Thomas is joined by Ian Arbuckle from Linian. Ian's father invented the original Linian Fire Clip and from there, Ian alongside his sister Lynne have grown the business with a range of top quality products.
23. How Should You Manage Your Business In The Current Economic Climate?
Friday, October 30th, 2020
Thomas Nagy talks business development towards the end of a turbulent year with uncertain months ahead. Should you spend now or later? Should you use your money or borrow? How secure is your electrical or trade based business? Thomas Nagy gives his...
22. Everything You Need To Know About LED Strips & Lighting
Friday, October 23rd, 2020
Thomas Nagy gives you the lowdown on LED strips and lighting. Everything you need to know, some tips and tricks when dealing with LED strips/lighting, some handy products Tom has found online that are worth trying out and all of your messages into the...
21. Leaner Times Coming In The Winter Months?
Friday, October 16th, 2020
Thomas Nagy speculates on what the coming months could look like for the industry, talks fuse boards and reforms to the regs that he would like to see happen.
20. A Left Turn Down Controversial Road
Monday, October 12th, 2020
Thomas has his say about a bit of recent news in trade. He gives his opinion, asks some questions and follows up on messages from last week's topic discussing clients who pay peanuts but expect a premium job.
19 How do you manage clients who expect a premium job for peanuts?
Friday, October 2nd, 2020
Thomas Nagy takes you his experiences dealing with clients that expect more than they're paying for, how to manage their expectations and shares some of his own stories.
18. Rapid Fire Q&A - Everything You Want To Know!
Thursday, September 24th, 2020
Thomas takes you through all of the messages from listeners and gives some funny, insightful, surprising and revealing answers!
17. Electrical vs. Fire Alarm Installation & Non-Payers
Friday, September 18th, 2020
Thomas discusses the pros and cons of taking the electrical route vs. fire alarm installation and also tells a funny story about a recent non paying customer and how to avoid ending up in the same mess.
16. Are fast courses a sham?
Friday, September 11th, 2020
This week Thomas discusses Domestic, Installer and fast courses and whether they bring new talent or are just a sham.
15. How much it costs to run my business..
Friday, September 4th, 2020
This week Thomas talks us through how much it really is to run a business like his.
14. i'm getting a second van
Thursday, August 27th, 2020
This week, after getting a new employee, Thomas goes on the hunt for the perfect van that can help him broaden out his business commercially!
13. Could this app change how electricians do their bookings? / the new person joining my team!
Friday, August 21st, 2020
This week Thomas lets us in on a new app he is involved with that can help sparks with their time management and bookings as well as telling us about a new member who is joining his team!.
12. The worst thing i've found on a job....
Thursday, August 13th, 2020
This week on The Electrical Show podcast, Thomas talks us through some of the worst things he's seen in his career as an electrician.
11. What is the perfect van for electricians?
Friday, August 7th, 2020
This week Thomas talks about the electric vans on the market and which one's are perfect for electricians
10. How bookings could be made easier for electricians
Friday, July 24th, 2020
It's been a busy week for Thomas! this week he reflects on how bookings could be made easier for electricians
9. Have you ever been pressured to do one of these?
Friday, July 17th, 2020
8. Answering the most common EICR questions with Paul Meenan
Friday, July 10th, 2020
This week Thomas Nagy is joined by Paul Meenan from the E5 group to answer the most commonly asked questions surrounding EICR's
7. Is RCD protection important?
Friday, July 3rd, 2020
6. The new things that all electricians should be doing
Friday, June 26th, 2020
Fun Fact: Some electricians still use rings when fitting fuse boards!! In this episode, Thomas Nagy talks about the new things that electricians should be doing but are currently not.
5. " Would you collaborate with other YouTube sparks?" - your questions answered.
Friday, June 19th, 2020
This week your electrical questions get answered by Thomas Nagy - from domestic vs commercial work to potential YouTube collaborations Thomas helps out fellow electricians with important issues.
4. How electricians price their jobs
Friday, June 12th, 2020
This week Thomas continues his discussion around Wagos as well as chatting about the ways electricians price their jobs.
3. Dream electrical products that don't exist.....yet.
Friday, June 5th, 2020
This week on the Electrical show Thomas Nagy talks us through some products that would make all of our lives easier if they were on the market.
2. LED Outdoor Lighting and the best ways to fit it
Friday, May 29th, 2020
Have you ever tried to fit outdoor LED lighting into a flower bed? This week we are talking all things LED outdoor lighting and main voltage LED Strips
The Clive Holland Show
23. Charlie Mullins founder of Pimlico Plumbers, James Mills, from Rockwool, Nick Pilgrim from EEBS plus more join Clive Holland..
Another packed week on The Clive Holland Show on Fix Radio, you can catch the full show Monday to Thursday 1-4 on Fix Radio. Nick Pilgrim, Managing Director of EEBS joins Clive to talk all things tax ahead of the looming tax deadline on the 31st...
The Plastering Show
18. Managing Customers, A Virtual Event Worth Attending, Plaster Master & More!
Stuart Griffin from Northern Ireland returns to discuss the specifics of what he does with his company Elite Plastering. Chris talks about difficult/non paying clients and how to deal with tough customers before you start a job. Our second 'Plaster...
The Bald Builders Brunch
22. Wearing women's clothes, hybrid trades and the riddler returns.
Someone was wearing Brad's wife's clothes......and it aint her! The boys try to work out what sort of trade you would get if you mate a Plumber and a Painter. Sam finds some weird stuff on the internet and Riddle of The week returns. Enjoy