Tackle Tool Theft - Tool Theft Reports
More than a third of tradespeople nationwide have had tools stolen. Imagine working in an office job and turning up to work one day to find your laptop, phone, desk, chair and the photocopier have all been taken - and you have to pay to replace them all many times over, all the while not being paid and earning a living.
The reality of tool theft is that tradespeople can be prevented from working for days or even weeks after the fact- and some victims report being hit multiple times.
It's no exaggeration to say that the impact of tool theft on a tradesperson or small business can be devastating.
At Fix Radio, we're on a mission with Churchill Business to understand the extent of the problem, the impact on livelihoods and what can be done to help.
In this series of Tool Theft Reports, we've been hearing real-life stories from up and down Britain, helping us shine a light on what's going on.
Interview with Alan
Alan is a builder based in Harpenden, and employs a small number of tradespeople in his business. We found out what happened when his van was broken into.
Interview with Tom Hudson
Tom Hudson is a Chesterfield builder currently working for the NHS estate. While at home with his parents, Tom's van was broken into during the early hours of the morning. He told us what happened when he dramatically confronted the thieves targeting not only himself, but the livelihoods of other tradespeople in his local area.
Interviews with Fix Radio Listeners
We put the call out on Fix Radio's social media to hear your stories of tool theft and how it's impacted your work and personal life. Here's just a selection of what you gave us.
Tackle Tool Theft
- Beating Tool Theft - Solutions to the problem of tool theft from a wide range of companies and organisations committed to fighting trade crime.
- Tricks of the Trade - We've been hearing from you about how you keep your tools, your business and your livelihood safe and secure.
- Ten Things You Need to Know about Tool Theft - We all know it's a big issue, but just how much of a problem is it really, we've put together a handy guide to help you understand the scale of Tool Theft in the UK.
The Bald Builders
26. The boys move to a NEW daily show this week!!!!
When one door closes another one opens. Last week saw the final Bald Builders Brunch, but this week saw the launch of Brad and Sam's brand new daily show on Fix Radio. Loads of new futures including Sam's Stupid News, Dear Granny Grotbags, Dose it...
The Clive Holland Show
26. Fire safety, cladding talk and what makes a successful tradesperson.
Another packed week on The Clive Holland Show on Fix Radio, you can catch the full show Monday to Thursday 2-4 on Fix Radio. Andy Simms from MyBuilder joins Clive to discuss what makes a successful tradesperson. Ian Arbuckle from Linian Clip...
The Plastering Show
22. How To Promote Your Business Online & National Heart Month
Wayne Bettess, A Trades Business Coach joins Chris to give some advice on how to promote your business online. Jim Brimble, An old school spread discusses 'Tools of the Trade' & A Senior Cardiac Nurse from The British Heart Foundation has some tips of...